At this training, which is designed for 2 days, students learn the data protection functions in ONTAP. The training covers the following important topics: the data replication options available in ONTAP 9, the using process of embedded SnapMirror and SnapVault technologies, the disaster recovery process of the virtual machine for data storage, SyncMirror technology and the distributed fault-tolerant MetroCluster architecture, an overview of the NDMP protocol, the using process of NetApp cloud protection Cloud Volumes ONTAP.
During the laboratory works, students will increase their experience in configuring and administering the ONTAP data protection functions through the command line interface and through the graphical user interface of the OnCommand System Manager management system.
This training will be useful to network engineers, system engineers, administrators, and any technical specialists who work with NetApp storage systems and who are interested in administering the ONTAP system.
Expected students’ skills and knowledge
To complete this training, it is recommended to have knowledge and experience with ONTAP equal to the ONTAP Cluster Administration (ONTAP 9.5) (ONTAP9ADM) and ONTAP Data Protection Fundamentals WBT courses.
Chapter 1: ONTAP Integrated Data Protection.
- ONTAP Data Protection Solutions.
- Data protection management solutions.
- Managing and monitoring tool.
Chapter 2: SyncMirror Software.
- SyncMirror software for high availability.
- Mirrored aggregates.
- SyncMirror plex failure.
Chapter 3: ONTAP Mirroring Fundamentals.
- Components of a mirror relationship.
- Configuration guidelines for intercluster SanpMirror software.
- Cluster and firewall requirements.
- DPO systems.
- Cluster and SVM Peering.
Chapter 4: SnapMirror Software.
- Creating and initializing the SnapMirror relationship.
- Disaster recovery using SnapMirror software.
- SnapMirror and ONTAP feature interaction.
Chapter 5: Storage Virtual Machine Disaster Recovery.
- Replicating configurations in SVM disaster recovery.
- SVM initial data transfer.
- SVM disaster-recovery relationship.
- Scheduled SVM updates.
Chapter 6: MetroCluster Configuration.
Chapter 7: SnapVault Software.
- Implementing a SnapVault relationship.
- Using SnapVault software to restore data.
Chapter 8: NDMP and Tape Backup.
- NDMP fundamentals.
- NDMP management.
Chapter 9: Cloud Volumes ONTAP and Data Availability Services.
- NetApp cloud volumes ONTAP.
- NetApp data availability services.
Chapter 10: SnapCenter and Third-Party Management Software.
- NetApp SnapCenter software.
- Integration with third-party management software.
- Configuring a load-sharing mirror relationship.
- Configuring cluster peering and SVM peering.
- Using SnapMirror software to mirror FlexVol volumes.
- Performing SnapMirror disaster recovery.
- Configuring a SnapMirror synchronous relationship.
- Using FlexClone technology to clone a SnapMirror volume.
- Configuring storage virtual machine disaster recovery.
- Configuring the SnapVault relationship.
- Using SnapVault to restore data.