This training, designed for 5 days, gives students the knowledge and skills that are necessary to implement, configure and maintain routing in the service provider networks. During the training, the main dynamic routing protocols that are used in provider networks (OSPF, IS-IS, BGP) and the features of their configuration in the Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR operating systems will be analyzed. The training provides insights into advanced mechanisms, for example, Route Manipulation or redistribution. The training prepares students for the CCNP Service Provider certification exam.
The training also provides 6 laboratory works, during which students will gain skills in maintenance of routing process on network devices running Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR.
This training will be most useful for network engineers, network administrators, system integrator engineers, technical specialists interested in obtaining the status of Cisco Certified Network Professional Service Provider (CCNP Service Provider).
Expected students’ skills and knowledge
For understanding the materials of this training students will need have a basic skill to configuring routing on Cisco devices. In addition, experience with networks and with the Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR operating systems equal to taking the courses «Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)» and «Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)» is required.
Chapter 1: Service Provider Routing.
- Understanding Service Provider Routing Protocols.
Chapter 2: Implement OSPF in the Service Provider Network.
- Introducing OSPF Routing.
- Understanding OSPF Operation.
- Implementing OSPF Routing.
- Implementing OSPF Special Area Types.
Chapter 3: Implement Integrated IS-IS in the Service Provider Network.
- Introducing IS-IS Routing.
- Implementing Integrated IS-IS Routing.
Chapter 4: Implement BGP in the Service Provider Network.
- Enterprise Connectivity to Service Providers.
- Introducing BGP Routing.
- Implementing Basic BGP Routing.
Chapter 5: Routing Protocol Tools and Route Manipulation.
- Introducing Routing Protocol Tools.
- Introducing Route Maps and Routing Policy Language.
- Implementing Route Redistribution.
- Influencing BGP Route Selection.
- Implement OSPF Routing.
- Implement OSPF Special Area Types.
- Implement Integrated IS-IS Routing.
- Implement Route Redistribution.
- Implement Basic BGP Routing.
- Influence BGP Route Selection.