This training, designed for 5 days, gives students the skills to work with the advanced functions of routing protocols in provider networks and gives an understanding of the features of their configuration in Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR. The following topics will be discussed during the training: support for a large number of BGP connections with clients or neighboring autonomous systems, scalability of routing, multicast packet transmission, and the transition from IPv4 to IPv6. The training prepares students for the CCNP Service Provider certification exam.
The training also provides 10 laboratory works, during which students will gain skills in maintenance of routing process on network devices running Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR.
This training will be most useful for network engineers, network administrators, system integrator engineers, technical specialists interested in obtaining the status of Cisco Certified Network Professional Service Provider (CCNP Service Provider).
Expected students’ skills and knowledge
For understanding the materials of this training students will need have a skill to configuring routing on Cisco devices. In addition, experience with networks and with the Cisco IOS / IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR operating systems equal to taking the courses «Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)», «Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)» and «Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (SPROUTE)» is required.
Chapter 1: Service Provider Connectivity with BGP.
- Defining Customer-to-Provider Connectivity Requirements.
- Connecting a Customer to a Service Provider.
Chapter 2: Scale Service Provider Network.
- Scaling BGP in Service Provider Networks.
- Introducing BGP Route Reflectors and Confederations.
Chapter 3: Secure and Optimize BGP.
- Implementing Advanced BGP Operations.
- Improving BGP Convergence.
- Improving BGP Configuration Scalability.
Chapter 4: Multicast Overview.
- Introducing IP Multicast.
- Defining Multicast Distribution Trees and Forwarding.
- Defining Multicast on the LAN.
- Populating the Mroute Table.
Chapter 5: Intradomain and Interdomain Multicast Routing.
- Introducing PIM-SM Protocol.
- Implementing PIM-SM Enhancements.
- Implementing Interdomain IP Multicast.
- Identifying Rendezvous Point Distribution Solutions.
Chapter 6: Service Provider IPv6 Transition Implementations.
- Introducing IPv6 Services.
- Defining IPv6 Transition Mechanisms.
- Deploying IPv6 in the Service Provider Network.
- Implement BGP Route Reflectors.
- Implement BGP Security Options.
- Improve BGP Scalability.
- Implement Layer 2 and Layer 3 Multicast.
- Enable and Optimize PIM-SM.
- Implement PIM-SM Enhancements.
- Implement Rendezvous Point Distribution.
- Implement a DHCPv6 Server with Prefix Delegation.
- Implement IPv6 Multicasting.
- Implement Tunnels for IPv6.